Is the Lord Your Pastor?

Every Christian needs to make a decision as to which church he belongs
to and who precisely is his pastor.
Ask the average Christian for his pastor, and he is likely to refer
you to mere mortals. But David declares in his most famous psalm: "The
LORD is my pastor; I have everything I need." (Psalm 23:1). If David
has everything he needs because he made the Lord his pastor, why do
Christians persist in accepting ordinary men as their pastors? Why do
we tend to prefer the counterfeit to the original? Why are we inclined
to prefer the earthly to the heavenly?
"'Pass beyond the coasts of Cyprus and see, send to Kedar and consider
diligently, and see if there has been such a thing. Has a nation
changed its gods, which are not gods? But my people have changed their
Glory for what does not profit. Be astonished, O heavens, at this, and
be horribly afraid; be very desolate,' says the LORD. For my people
have committed two evils: They have forsaken me, the fountain of
living waters, and hewn themselves cisterns- broken cisterns that can
hold no water." (Jeremiah 2:10-13).

Comments