"I Used Ropes As Belts, Drank Garri Daily" – UNN Best Graduating Student

Eke Ifeanyichukwu Emmanuel emerged the
2015/2016 best graduating student of University of
Nigeria, with a CGPA of 4.83. In an interview, when asked about the
challenges he
passed through while in school, he said: "I had a
whole lot of challenges.

One of them was financial challenge. I am from a
very humble background. We reside in Aba. I
remember in my first and second years, I used to
drink garri (cassava flakes) and eat Fibre active
biscuit. It was a daily ration to me. I also used ropes
as belts as a student.

Yet, I would not see what was written on the board.
No money to go to the hospital for check up talk
less of getting glasses. I had a D in a three unit load
first year course. It was a motivational factor that
spurred me into reading more."

Comments