500 Level Rusticated Student Of UI Speaks Out '' I Didn't Do Anything

Here is Tunji Epketi Micheal, a 500L student of the department of Petroleum Engineering, Faculty of Technology and a resident of Independence Hall, who was recently rusticated from University of Ibadan.
UCJ: Can you tell us what really transpired and why a disciplinary action was taken against you?
MOTE: Basically, it boiled down to the protest over light and water that occurred on the 18th of November last year, that is, 2015. For a truth, the protest was peaceful in every way; there was no vandalisation of any property in the school, harassment of anybody. So what it boiled down to for them then at the committee. They (the SDC people) asked why I joined the protest since I didn't have a room legally in Independence Hall. But Independence hall shows on my ID card, it's the hall I was from 100 Level. Just that in 400 Level I didn't have a room. So they asked why exactly I joined the protest over light and water. Then I now made it clear to them that it wasn't that I set out to join because I was even on my I.T in Port Harcourt, then I just got back for some particular reasons. So it wasn't like I set out to do it. The day the protest thing happened, I was on my way to my hall and all. I saw them and I got down knowing fully well that I knew these people so I joined. So that was the reason.
UCJ: Okay. You have clarified that you were a part of the protest.
MOTE: Yes
UCJ: So was it true that you led the protest. That you were the ringleader, the master minder?
MOTE: No, that was not true.